1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
Receiving the gift of salvation is so simple. All you have to do is invite Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith; and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; not by works, so that no one can boast.” Now that you know it is a free gift, the only other thing you need to know is how to receive this gift. Once again, it is not hard. Romans 10:9-10 says, “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” In other words, all you have to do is pray from your heart this simple prayer.Lord Jesus, I ask you to come into my life, to be my Lord and Savior. I believe You died for my sins and rose victorious over death. I ask You to forgive me of all my sins. I turn from my sin today, only to follow Jesus Christ all the days of my life. Lord, I give you all of my pain, all of my hurts, all of my fears, and all of my infirmities. Today, I receive total and complete healing in my life. Because of the shed Blood of Jesus Christ, from this day forward, I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. Thank you Lord!
- Invite Christ into your life. I didn't see this requirement in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, which defines “the gospel,” did you? No, you didn't either. In fact, you cannot show me any such requirement to be saved anywhere in the Holy Bible. Did not Judas invite Christ into his life? Yes, Judas was one of Jesus' very apostles, but went to Hell in his sin of unbelief forever. So sad.
- Make Jesus the your Lord of your life. Again, you cannot show me this requirement to get to Heaven in the Bible. It is not found in Paul's definition of “the gospel” in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4. The Gospel is that Jesus died on a cross to pay for your sins and mine. And that He was buried. And finally, that Jesus bodily resurrected from the dead three days later. If you as an admitted guilty sinner accept these three facts as your own, personally putting your confidence in Christ alone and His redemptive work, then you are saved friend.
- Turn from your sins. Not one verse in the inspired King James Bible teaches to repent “of your sins” or to “turn from your sin” to be saved. You'd have to use the Devil's modern corrupt Bibles to find such damnable lies. You'd be surprised if you knew how many pastors and pastor's wives despise me today, because I rebuke bad pastors who falsely preach that you cannot be saved and continue living in sin. They think I am arrogant, but they are the ones who are arrogant and sinfully proud, following the lies of men instead of the inspired Word of almighty God. In the Bible God repented more than anyone (e.g., Exodus 32:14), but we know that God cannot sin (James 1:13). So, this proves that “repentance” does NOT mean to turn from your sins. T.D. Jakes and all pastors who tell people to turn from their sins to be saved are misleading people.
If you unwisely use that phrase “turn from sin” when sharing the Gospel with someone, then you had better explain what you mean. If you mean that you must acknowledge being a dirty, guilty, rotten, sinner to be saved then I agree. But if you mean that a person must forsake a lifestyle of sin, then I totally disagree because that is works. You need to know what you are being saved from, which is from the penalty of sin (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:8). We all deserve to go straight to Hell and burn forever, but God has made a way of escape through the precious blood of Jesus (Romans 5:9).
- Follow Jesus Christ all the days of your life. This is blasphemy against the Word of God! Judas became a follower of Christ, but John 6:70 says he had a devil in him. Jesus said that it would have been better for Judas if he had never been born, because he went to burn in Hell forever. That is tragic. Judas could have been saved, but he did not trust Jesus as his Savior. Judas sincerely did not think Jesus is the Christ. How about you dear reader? John 20:31 tells us that the purpose for which God authored the Gospel of John is to convince us that Jesus is the Christ, the only begotten Son of God, so that by believing we will be saved. The Gospel of John is God's Gospel tract. Yet, none of the extra four things that T.D. Jakes requires to be saved are taught in the book of John.
- Pastor Jakes is quoting a corrupt version of Romans 10:9. The inspired King James Bible teaches to confess “the Lord Jesus Christ,” not “Jesus is Lord.” There is a big difference between the two statements. The former teaches that we confess our heart's faith with our mouth, but the latter requires you to make Jesus the Lord of your life to be saved, which is another gospel. All modern Bible revisions are corrupt!