Friday, March 31, 2023
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
I was dumbfounded today when I read a nutty article at the website of the Grace Evangelical Society (GES). Here is a heretical excerpt from their website...
A reader recently claimed that it would be wrong for God to force a Christian-turned-atheist into heaven because it would violate his or her free will. This raises an interesting question. This is my response to that claim.
...If you claim that you can lose salvation by becoming an atheist, then you don’t believe in what Jesus promised, everlasting life that cannot be lost. That’s because you don’t really know if you’ll become an atheist before you die. You might. So, you can’t be sure if you’re saved (with the logic that you presented). Nonetheless, John said, “I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13).
If those who fall away don’t have everlasting life, then John shouldn’t say that we can know that we have everlasting life that cannot be lost. If someone can lose eternal life, then John is wrong.
The bottom line for me is this. I care about the simple promise of Jesus. Jesus promised eternal life for all those who believe in Him. He promised that we get that eternal life now, not later: “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has eternal life” (John 6:47).
Notice that the person who believes has eternal life now. So how long does eternal life last? If it doesn’t last forever, then Jesus lied. You get everlasting life the moment you believe, and it lasts forever. That’s a promise of Jesus, and I believe it. Do you?
SOURCE: Lucas Kitchen, 'Can A Christian Quit?,' Grace Evangelical Society
Balderdash, tommyrot, poppycock, tomfoolery! Dear reader, what you have just read by Lucas Kitchen, director of the Grace Evangelical Society is totally unbiblical. Our text verse from 1st John 2:19 says, “They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.” The fact that someone who attends a church can leave because they were not part of them, proves biblically that not everyone who claims to be saved is really saved.
Dear friend, anyone who now claims to reject Jesus Christ, professing to be an atheist, was never saved at all. I realize that the apostle Peter denied knowing Christ in a moment of fear of prosecution, but that is very different than someone who just denies Christ because they genuinely don't believe on Him. It is possible for a true believer to become discouraged as John the Baptist did in prison. A believer can fall into doubts and disillusionment. But a saint of God cannot lose the indwelling Holy Spirit, Who bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God (Romans 8:9, 16-17).
If what Lucas Kitchen is errantly teaching were the truth, it would mean that present day Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Churches of Christ, Assemblies of God, and Roman Catholics, who once professed faith in Christ in a Baptist church but quit and joined a false religion, are still saved. That is not what the Bible teaches! They left us because they were not of us 1st John 2:19 says. Anyone who adds works to grace is not a child of God. Partial faith in Christ plus works equals damnation in Hell forever. Only those guilty sinners who place their complete trust in Jesus—accepting Christ's sacrifice on the cross as payment for their sins, believing that He was buried and then bodily resurrected three days later from the dead—are saved and going to Heaven. It is that simple friend.
Sometimes people ask me if you have to keep believing to stay saved. I always tell them that a person who is saved will keep believing. Do you need to tell a human baby to continue breathing to keep living? No, it is automatic. Likewise, a person who is genuinely born-again will continue to believe. I do not believe in the perseverance of the saints, I agree with Dr. Curtis Hutson, who said: “I believe in the preservation of the saints.” I agree with Pastor Harry Ironside, who said: “I believe in the perseverance of the Holy Spirit.”
Once saved, always saved. If saved, always saved; but if someone genuinely denies knowing Christ, it is only because they were never saved at all. It is possible to adopt the philosophy of Christianity for the wrong reason (e.g., money, family, tradition, prestige, opportunity, romance) and yet never have been born-again. The Jews in the Wilderness heard Moses preach the Gospel for 40 years, but not being mixed with faith they perished (Hebrews 4:2). The Jews knew the details of the Gospel so well, that they could have preached it to Moses. The problem, was that they didn't believe it. Judas heard Jesus preach the Gospel, but he didn't believe it. Many lost people are familiar with the facts of the Gospel, but they have no faith in it. Only those who believe the 'GOOD NEWS' are saved.
John 6:47, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.”
Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
“We would end up with a tentative range of about 55 to 75 years for a reasonable maximum time to build the Ark. Of course, it could be less than this depending on the age that Noah’s sons took wives.
Consider that the Ark was completed prior to loading the animals that the Lord brought to Noah (Genesis 7:1–4) and that they had to take time to gather food and store it aboard the Ark (Genesis 6:21). So carefully considering the text, we can conclude that the construction of the Ark did not involve the 120 years mentioned in Genesis 6:3 but 75 years at the most.”SOURCE: Ken Ham, Answers-In-Genesis, 'How Long Did It Take For Noah To Build The Ark?'
The Bible make is clear in 1st Peter 3:20 that it took Noah 120 years to complete the ark. God waited for Noah to finish his work of building the ark.
Please beware of Ken Ham's heretical teachings which are intended to con you out of your hard earned money. Even worse, Ken Ham preaches a counterfeit plan of salvation not found in the Holy Bible. ...
I was shocked when I read John MacArthur's interpretation of Hebrews 12:14. Dr. MacArthur deceitfully claims that he believes in the Eternal Security of a believer, while simultaneously teaching that only those who continue living holy lives will go to Heaven. Read MacArthur's damnable heresy for yourself...
“Eternal security is a great spiritual truth, but it should never be presented merely as a matter of being once saved, always saved—with no regard for what you believe or do. The writer of Hebrews 12:14 states frankly that only those who continue living holy lives will enter the Lord's presence. [emphasis added]Mr. MacArthur horribly perverts Hebrews 12:14, by alleging that the author of Hebrews was teaching that a believer must continue in holy living in order to go to Heaven. LIES! The inspired Word of God is adamantly clear in Romans 4:5, “But to him that WORKETH NOT, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” [emphasis added]. What are you talking about Mr. MacArthur?
SOURCE: John MacArthur, “Kingdom Living Here And Now,” p. 150
Hebrews 12:14 is speaking about our influence upon other people. If we don't pursue peace with others and live holy lives, then lost sinners WON'T see the Lord in us. You are the only Jesus that someone knows. That lost sinner might go to Hell if they don't see the Lord in you. As believers, we are supposed to be the light of the world (Matthew 5:14). Jesus said in Matthew 5:13a, “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?” Do you know what salt does to people? It makes them THIRSTY! Christians are supposed to be the salt of this sinful world, that cause lost sinners to thirst for God. Have you lost your saltiness, i.e., savor? This is what Hebrews 12:14 means.
In sharp contrast, John MacArthur corrupts Hebrews 12:14, claiming that a person cannot enter into God's Kingdom unless they continue in holy living. That is the Devil's fallacy of Calvinism, not the free grace Gospel taught in the Scriptures! Mr. MacArthur perverts the Holy Bible to mean that one's salvation is dependent upon holy living. Clearly, John MacArthur is a false prophet who doesn't rightly divide the inspired Word of Truth. MacArthur is an unsaved heretic, an infidel, a modernist who pretends to be a Christian. See also, John MacArthur's heresy on the blood of Jesus.
Dr. MacArthur confuses repentance with the fruit of the indwelling Holy Spirit. He confuses faith with that which faith should produce. He confuses saving faith (which takes place in a moment of time - Genesis 15:6; Ephesians 1:13), with discipleship (which is a lifelong process). Let me clarify...
- Roman Catholics errantly teach that you MUST do good works to be a Christian.
- Calvinists errantly teach that you WILL do good works if you are a Christian.
- The Holy Bible correctly teaches that you SHOULD do good works as a Christian.
“Lordship salvation is not the childlike faith of John 3:16. It rightly insists upon repentance but wrongly includes a change of behavior IN ORDER TO BE SAVED. No one questions that there must be a sincere change of mind, a turning from oneself to the Saviour, but Lordship advocates attempt to make behavior and fruit essential ingredients of, rather than evidence of, saving faith.”Tragically, churches all across America have been duped by this wolf in sheep's clothing. Examples of MacArthur contradicting himself could be multiplied. It seems that deep within he recognizes that what he is saying is Biblically and practically flawed and so he knowingly or unknowingly contradicts himself.
SOURCE: (Miles Stanford, in his review of John MacArthur's poisonous book: 'The Gospel According To Jesus')
“If you do not put a difference between justification wrought by the man Christ without and sanctification wrought by the Spirit of Christ within, you are not able to divide the Word aright; but contrariwise, you corrupt the Word of God, and cast stumbling blocks before the people.” —John Bunyan (1628-1688)Also, Pastor M.R. DeHaan (1891-1965) rightly said...
"There is a vast difference between coming to Jesus for salvation and coming after Jesus for service. Coming to Christ makes one a believer, while coming after Christ makes one a disciple. All believers are not disciples. To become a believer one accepts the invitation of the Gospel, to be a disciple one obeys the challenge to a life of dedicated service and separation. Salvation comes through the sacrifice of Christ; discipleship comes only by sacrifice of self and surrender to His call for devoted service. Salvation is free, but discipleship involves paying the price of a separated walk. Salvation can't be lost because it depends upon God's faithfulness, but discipleship can be lost because it depends upon our faithfulness." —Pastor M.R. DeHaan, “Hebrews”; Zondervan Publishing House; 1959 (p. 117)Lordship Salvation is a perversion of God's grace (by Pastor Curtis Hutson, 1934-1995).
Sunday, March 26, 2023
Jesus walked this earth 100% as a human man, and also 100% as God.
Pastor John MacArthur heretically teaches:
“It isn't human flesh, human bones, and divine blood. That's not a man. It is medically impossible to think of Christ's blood as divine. It is theologically impossible to think of Christ's blood as divine. It is Scripturally impossible to think of Christ's blood as divine. He would be less than man. His blood is human blood.” —Dr. John MacArthur, 'The Precious Blood - Part 1'GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!! Evidently Mr. MacArthur forgot the VIRGIN BIRTH! What normal man has ever been born of a virgin? That's right, NONE! Jesus was 100% a man, but he had God's divine blood in His veins, making Him 100% God as well; otherwise Jesus would have had a sinful nature, just like you and me (Romans 5:12). Woe unto John MacArthur! Woe unto Bob Jones University for bidding him Godspeed! Woe unto Steve Pettit, Jeff Redlin, Timothy Zacharias, Gary Walton, Sam Horn, Pensacola Christian College, Clarence Sexton, Marty Herron, Jared Baldwin, Joe Hensen and anyone who wickedly bids this false prophet Godspeed. Woe unto the Harvest Baptist Church on Guam for bidding this ungodly reprobate Godspeed! 2nd John 1:11, “For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.” All of the aforementioned religious people have blood on their hands, for betraying the Lord Jesus Christ!!!
Jesus DID have God's blood flowing in His veins, because only God is His Father, not Joseph. If Joseph would have been Jesus' earthly father, then Jesus would have been born with a sinful nature, inherited from Adam's sin tainted blood after he choose to disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit. But we know biblically that God Himself is Jesus biological Father, which means that Jesus absolutely MUST have God's sinless perfect blood flowing in His veins.
Pastor M.R. DeHaan (1891-1965) rightly teaches...
Pastor DeHaan also said these truthful words..."1st Peter 1:18-19, 'Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with Corruptible Things, as silver and gold. . . But with the precious Blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.'
Hallelujah for the blood! Reader, do you know that blood is as fresh today as it ever was and always will be? It cannot perish. There is a hymn which goes something like this:
'Upon the Cross His blood was spilt, A ransom for our sins and guilt.'
That is not true. Jesus' blood was not 'spilled.' Spilling is the result of an accident. The death of Christ was no accident. He laid down His life and voluntarily shed His precious blood that we might live.
Oh, sinner, won't you appropriate that precious blood Now!"
Amen and amen!
" 'I have betrayed the innocent blood' Judas confessed in Matthew 27:4. Our Lord was innocent. He became like unto us in all things — SIN only excepted. Like unto us with ONE EXCEPTION and that exception was that instead of a human father He was conceived by a DIVINE FATHER. As a result biologically, He had DIVINE BLOOD, SINLESS BLOOD.
Because this blood is sinless it is — INCORRUPTIBLE BLOOD!Sin made human blood corruptible."SOURCE: Pastor M.R. DeHaan, "THE CHEMISTRY OF THE BLOOD"
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Having said all that as introduction, my heart was broken and sad when I recently learned that the Forest Hills Baptist Church in Decatur, Georgia, where Pastor Curtis Hutson once built a thriving solid soulwinning church, is now today a hellhole of demonic Lordship Salvation, fake Devil's bibles and misunderstood repentance. Please say it ain't so! Sadly, it is so. The Forest Hills Baptist Church has succumbed to the Devil's falsehood of Lordship Salvation. The church now preaches hardcore Calvinism, as you can read for yourself in their sad Statement of Faith:
"Salvation is God’s gracious gift of redemption from sin, its penalties and, ultimately, its effects offered to mankind. It is offered freely to all who, upon hearing the Gospel of Jesus, REPENT OF THEIR SIN, place their faith in Jesus and his atoning sacrifice through His death, burial and resurrection, AND MAKE HIM LORD OF THEIR LIFE. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. THERE IS NO SALVATION APART FROM PERSONAL FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS LORD. Those who are truly saved will, by God’s grace, PERSEVERE TO THE END." [EMPHASIS ADDED] ~SOURCE: Forest Hills Baptist Church - Our BeliefsHERESY!!! The preceding horrible Statement of Faith makes the following doctrinal errors:
- No where does the Bible teach to “repent of your sin.” I am so sick of hearing ignorant clergy and layman alike use this unbiblical phrase. You don't have to “repent of your sins” to be saved because Jesus has already paid for our sins with His blood. You just need to trust Christ, believing that He did it for you by dying on the cross to pay your massive debt of debt. If to “repent” means to forsake our sinful ways TO BE SAVED, but Jesus already paid for our sins by dying on the cross, then what are we repenting from?
- No where does the Bible teach to make Jesus your “Lord” to get to Heaven. You don't have to receive Jesus as “Lord” to get to Heaven, you simply need to receive Him as your Savior. By “Lord,” false prophets mean that you must surrender control of your life over to Jesus, turn away from your past sinful lifestyle, follow Christ no matter what the cost, and carry your cross. We plainly know from Matthew 7:21-23 that this is NOT the way to get to Heaven. They called Jesus “Lord, Lord,” but He denied knowing them! Satan's greatest weapon is to con people into living the Christin life without ever being born again.
- No where does the Bible require “persevering to the end” to be saved. Many people misinterpret Matthew 24:13, “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” The Bible answer is found in Matthew 24:22, “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.” Jesus was speaking about “flesh,” not eternal salvation. On the Day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41 says that 3,000 souls were saved that day. There was no requirement to prove themselves by passing a probationary period, live a changed life nor persevere for the rest of their lives to get to Heaven. Beware of false doctrine!!!
Curtis Hutson is upset and frustrated up in Heaven. How could the church that he once pastored be misled by ravening wolves in sheep's clothing? ...
Galatians 3:1-3, “O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”Dear friend, the only way that anyone has ever been saved is by grace alone, through alone alone, in the Good News of Christ alone. Faith is the only righteous thing that I can do. 1st Corinthians 15:1-4 teaches that the Good News (Gospel) is comprised of three things:
- 1Jesus DIED on the cross for our sins.
- Jesus was BURIED.
- Jesus bodily RESURRECTED three days later.
The ungodly Forest Hills Baptist Church today are Gospel perverts! They are preaching another gospel which cannot produce the new birth by the Holy Spirit of God. According to John 20:31, the Gospel of John is God's Gospel tract, “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” In the Gospel of John the word “believe” is mentioned 88 times. Yet the word “repent” is not mentioned even once. So why do the folks at the Forest Hills Baptist Church lie to people, requiring them to repent of their sins to get to Heaven?
One of my favorite Christian authors, Michael P. Bowen, writes:
It frustrates me much that a once great Baptist church in Decatur, Georgia, which was pastored by Dr. Curtis Hutson, which the Lord built up into a soulwinning megachurch of 7,900 members by the power of the Holy Spirit; has since turned apostate, abandoning a free grace Gospel, and is now wickedly pulling on the same rope as the Devil. That dear reader evidences the cleverness of Satan and his uncanny ability to deceive, kill, steal and destroy. This is why I make such a big fuss over little things. Dr. Jack Hyles used to wisely say that the most important job is the one that doesn't get done. He was so right! It is okay to split hairs regarding important matters. There is nothing in this universe any more important than the accuracy of the Gospel and the purity of the Gospel."When it comes to a person’s eternal life, we cannot afford any 'communication breakdowns.' A good way to view a presentation of a false plan of salvation would be to equate the preacher of a false gospel to that of a lawyer who is guilty of malpractice. When a lawyer is found guilty of gross negligence in his or her duty, resulting in egregious error, they are often found guilty of malpractice and, as a result, are not allowed to practice law anymore. They become an object of scorn and they become disbarred. This also occurs to physicians who are grossly negligent or incompetent in the practice of medicine. But for a pastor to be guilty of “malpractice” is much more serious. When a pastor or a bible teacher promotes a false plan of salvation, the results are eternal and not merely temporal."
So how did the Forest Hills Baptist Church transform in just 40 years from being 100% free grace only, to a damnable cult that preaches the Devil's counterfeit plan of salvation of "Lordship Salvation"? This is why the Bible commands us as saints "that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 1:3b). This is why we read in Revelation 3:2 concerning the Church at Sardis, "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God." We have a solemn duty as Christians to contend for the faith. Whatever a pastor stops preaching against is what his church will fill up with over time. God pity the pastor who doesn't contend for the faith. That dear friend is what happened to the now apostate Forest Hills Baptist Church in Decatur, Georgia. Whoever succeeded Pastor Hutson as pastor of Forest Hills Baptist Church dropped the ball for God.
Friday, March 17, 2023
Most of the estimated 350,000 churches in the United States are heathen cults. That is, at least 95% of the churches teach another gospel, not the simple plan of salvation set forth in the inspired King James Bible. Some of these damnable religious cults include: Roman Catholicism, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Churches of Christ, United Methodists, The Church of England (Anglicans), Lutherans, Nazarenes, Christian Science, Seventh-Day Adventists, Calvinist Baptists and Charismatics. All of these ungodly groups pervert the Gospel of free grace, adding works to grace. Kindly said, none of them are going to Heaven!
Psalms 119:104, "Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way."Acts 4:13, "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."
Sadly, it is becoming rare in these perilous times to find a pastor that hates heresy, truly loves people, and exposes false prophets like infidel Ken Ham. When false teachers like Ken Ham embellish the Gospel, by adding requirements to get to Heaven that the Bible does not teach, they obscure God's simple plan of salvation, sending people to Hell.
I think Michael P. Bowen said it best in his helpful book, "I NEVER KNEW YOU": "Satan's greatest weapon is to con people into living the Christian life without ever being born again."
Sunday, March 12, 2023
Kameron Freeney (aka, “Spirit's Boom”) is a popular charismatic deaf preacher who aims at the deaf and hard of hearing. According to a whistleblower who personally got in touch with this guy, Freeney teaches New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) doctrine to the deaf.
Freeney also claims to be able to “smell” the Holy Spirit in his house while his deaf wife falls down laughing uncontrollably on the floor (aka, Holy Laugher). Freeney believes that Jesus drank “vinegar sour wine” on the cross (despite the Bible clearly teaching that Christ refused to drink it).
Worst of all, Freeney teaches that God's plan of salvation is through religious WORKS. Kameron Freeney has also made the blasphemous claim, that the apostle Paul had immoral sexual relations with numerous women along his missionary journey to Rome. The deaf community needs to be forewarned about this cult leader.
Please pray for the deaf and warn those in Kameron's religious cult to come of it!
Friday, March 10, 2023
- If there was no prehistoric world, then how did the earth end up void and darkened? The Bible says that God's Word NEVER returns unto Him void. Isaiah 55:11, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” God made man upright. God made the angels and Lucifer upright. Sin ruined them. Throughout Genesis 1 we read repeatedly that everything God made was “very good.” So why would God make a void and empty frozen wasteland? Clearly something happened. Jeremiah 4:23-28 tells us that God in His anger made the earth void.
- The Bible mentions over 200 different animals and yet not one mention is made of any of the hundreds of prehistoric species in museums today. Surely if sabertooths, mammoths, dinosaurs (tyrannosauruses, brontosauruses, stegosaurus, et cetera), pterodactyls and hundreds of other prehistoric and terrifying creatures had lived amongst men, they would have been mentioned in the Bible. Clearly these creatures lived in a time before time.
- The Bible says that Adam named “every living creature” (Genesis 2:19), but modern scientists have named 1047 different species of dinosaurs as of September 17, 2008. Adam couldn't name the dinosaurs (a term that didn't exist until the 19th century) because they were not there, that is, dinosaurs weren't a part of the remodeling of God's creation. You can trace the name of every animal and bird back through history, but dinosaurs you cannot.
- Where did Satan come from? Clearly he was already in the Garden of Eden, so he existed before man.
- When did the angels fall? There is no Biblical record of the angels falling during Old Testament times, so clearly they must have been cast down to earth for their rebellion BEFORE Genesis 1:2.
- When did God cast angels into Hell? 2nd Peter 2:4 says that God cast some of the angels that sinned down to Hell (Tartarus, only mentioned once in the New Testament, a special place in Hell just for demons). The logical conclusion is that God cast the angels down BEFORE Genesis 1:2.
- In view of Jeremiah 4:23-28, when did God in His fury destroy the cities of the earth? The Bible tells us, that is, after Genesis 1:1 but before Genesis 1:2.
- In view of Jeremiah 4:23-28, when did God make the earth dark without light to shine? Again, the Bible tells us, that is, after Genesis 1:1 but before Genesis 1:2.
- In view of Jeremiah 4:23-28, when was there NO MAN? Clearly this passage of Scripture refers to a time before mankind existed. Although some scholars would argue that this passage doesn't specifically say it refers to creation, I think it would be irresponsible to ignore Jeremiah 4:23 and 26, “I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. ... I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.” There is no other way to conclude this passage, except as concerning the origins of the world. At no time in history has it been dark upon the earth as Jeremiah 4:23-28 says, except between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.
- In Genesis chapter 1, why does the Bible make a distinction between the word “create” (meaning absolute creation) and the word “made” (which means “to make” in the broadest sense of the word)? Clearly something different was going on. God absolutely created the universe, then made it void in His anger, then remodeled the universe in Genesis 1-2. This is not progressive creation as some call it. God created life as we know it 6,000 years ago, but the universe is millions (if not billions) of years old. A young earth cannot explain any of these things.
- When did dinosaurs live? There's no Biblical evidence to show that dinosaurs co-existed with man. The word “behemoth” in Job 40:15 (which some ignorantly allege to be a dinosaur) in the Hebrew is plural, referring to more than one creature. The word refers to a herd of animals. I've researched to see what genuine Bible scholars believe concerning this passage of Scripture, and they are divided between an elephant or a hippopotamus; but none thought it was a dinosaur. Most young-earthers claim that legends of flying fire-breathing dragons is proof of dinosaurs, but historians have never verified nor even spoken of such creatures (which are as real as Greek mythology).
- A young earth rejects legitimate scientific evidence. There is plenty of fossil and carbon dating evidence to show that dinosaurs lived 65-220 million years ago. The skeletal remains themselves of thousands of dinosaurs are clear evidence that dinosaurs lived long, long, ago before mankind was created. Numerous scientific methods are used to determine the age of bones and soil. The claim of a young earth laughs in the face of legitimate science. Granted, evolution is based upon bad science and fraudulent claims, which is quite the contrary to proven methods of testing the age of materials. Although scientists may not be able to determine whether the earth is hundreds-of-millions verses billions of years old, they certainly can very easily prove that the earth is much older than 6,000 years.
- In Isaiah 14:12-14 Lucifer said he wanted to rise above the clouds to be equal with God. When was Lucifer below the clouds? I believe this logically explains why God destroyed the earth, that is, to punish Lucifer.
- Psalms 102:25 says “Of old” God laid the foundation of the earth. David penned this around 1,000 BC.
- Is radioactive carbon dating that wrong? I read an article today which tried to prove a young earth, saying that newly formed lava rocks tested to be millions of years old (they were mocking the claim). Of course they did, the old rock turned to liquid and back to rock. It is millions of years old! Melting ice to water doesn't change it's chemical composition.
- Where did sin originate? Clearly sin did not originate in the Garden of Eden.
- God gave man dominion over the earth. A young earth would mean that all the dinosaurs and gigantic and ferocious prehistoric mammals (like huge Sabertooth tigers, Mastodons and mammoths) lived amongst men. People would have been dinner! It is quite obvious that these beautiful but frightening creatures did not live with mankind. Clearly they are prehistoric creatures. The pterodactyls (gigantic reptile birds) would have been a major threat to humans, and certainly the Bible would have mentioned these creatures if they existed in the Old Testament.
- In Genesis 6:19 God told Noah, “And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.” The Bible doesn't exclude dinosaurs as some foolish scholars claim. If you believe in a young earth, and that dinosaurs lived amongst men, then you can only foolishly conclude that Noah left them behind as excess baggage (or even more insane, brought them onto the ark). According to public spokesmen, Evangelist Ken Ham's new $73,000,000 Noah's Ark Theme Park in Kentucky will have dinosaurs aboard the ark. That's laughable! Clearly dinosaurs didn't exist during Noah's time. Noah couldn't have fit dinosaurs on the ark if he had tried. Dr. Henry Morris III teaches that Noah brought baby dinosaurs with stunted growth aboard the ark. Seriously? God didn't tell Noah to leave behind certain living flesh; but rather, commanded Noah to bring two of every sort of all flesh into the ark. This is further evidence of an old earth.
- 132 times throughout the Old Testament we find mention of the lion. In many cases the lion is mentioned as a symbol of strength and ferocity. Job 4:10, “The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken.” Proverbs 19:12, “The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion.” The Bible even says in plain language that the lion is the strongest among beasts. Proverbs 30:30, “A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any.” Surely if tyrannosauruses had dwelt amongst men, then they would have been the strongest among beasts and mentioned instead of lions. No lion would be a match for a Velociraptor, one of the most aggressive and predatory of the dinosaurs. T-rex were meat eaters, but likely scavengers; not hunters like the Velociraptor.
- The Bible teaches that God created Hell for the Devil and his angels. This means Hell existed before man. Matthew 25:41, “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” Hell had to exist before the Garden of Eden because Lucifer and his angels had already rebelled and been cast down from Heaven. The Bible evidences that Cain was never saved (Genesis 4:4-5). God gave Cain the opportunity to repent (Genesis 4:7), but instead of believing the Gospel, Cain murdered Abel. I haven't found any indication of whether Adam and Eve were saved, but we know God rejected Adam's fig-leaf religion and slew a innocent animal instead to provide skins of clothing for them, thus picturing the Lamb of God Who paid for the world's sins at Calvary.
If the universe didn't exist prior to 6,000 years ago when the 6-day creation took place, then when and where was Hell created? The Bible strongly evidences that Hell is inside the earth. Every reference to Hell is down into the earth. Proverbs 15:24, “The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.” Psalms 55:15, “Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.” Ezekiel 31:17: “They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.” And there are many other references. If the earth didn't exist prior to man, then Hell could not possible be in the earth, because 1st Peter 2:4 says God cast some of the demons down into Hell (Tartarus).
There are three Greek words for our English word Hell: Hades, Tartarus and Gehenna. I think it is clear that they are all within the earth. The Bible wouldn't say down if it weren't so. Jesus plainly said in John 14:2, “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.” God said what He meant, and meant what He said.
- It is not even plausible to believe that 1047 different species of dinosaurs ALL JUST DIED OFF! I mean, 'com on, do you really expect me to believe that all those different species just died off during Old Testament times, while everything living today survived? Furthermore, there were thousands of Prehistoric Mammals and other living creatures. And you expect me to believe that THEY ALL JUST DIED? They are all listed as “PREHISTORIC” because they have never been recorded as existing during human history! That's because they lived before mankind, but were all destroyed in a pre-Adamic world when God destroyed the earth as it was then. And then we read that God began remodeling creation in Genesis 1:2.
To adhere to a Young Earth theological position means that the thousands of species of dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals all had to die off sometime in the Old Testament (which began approximately 4004 BC). It would be ridiculous to claim that they died in the flood of Noah's day, when God plainly told Noah to bring two of every animal onto the ark. What would have been the reason for leaving thousands of species behind to die off and become extinct? What would have been the criteria for choosing who stays and who swims? Hey you, you're too big to fit in the ark, get out! It would also seem insane that Adam would name every living creature just to watch many of them die off in his lifetime. I don't believe for one minute that Noah brought dinosaurs aboard the ark, not even so that the tyrannosauruses could look at the menu first. Seriously, thousands of prehistoric animals weren't left behind to perish in the flood of Noah's time. That just doesn't make sense at all. The only logical conclusion is that dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals lived millions of years ago, long before the human race began.
Contrary to the young-earth gang who have no Scriptural support for their heresies, the Bible contains MUCH evidence of an old earth.
For example: Satan was already in the Garden of Eden. The Bible plainly tells us in Isaiah 14:12-14 that Lucifer was cast down and desired to be above the clouds, equal with God. Thus, he must have been below the clouds when he said that, that is, upon the earth.
The life of Job happened during the same time as Genesis (but that's a different Bible study) Job 1:6-7, “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.” Here we learn that Satan travels not only vertically, but also horizontally through the earth. I don't believe that Satan is restricted to the earth. Ephesians 2:2 calls Satan the prince of the power of THE AIR, but I believe that Satan as a spirit also has the capability to descend into the earth. Revelation 17:8, “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition...” In order for the Beast to “ascend” out of the bottomless pit it must first be in the pit.
Clearly sin and Satan were already present in the Garden of Eden. Satan sinned before Eve, and Eve sinned before Adam, and when Adam sinned it brought sin and death into the world (Romans 5:12). Young-earthers say that sin couldn't have existed before Adam, but Eve sinned first did she not? Yes, she certainly did sin first. And Satan sinned before Eve by attempting to lead her into sin against God. Of course, Lucifer had previously sinned against God by attempting to be equal with God (the same sin of feminists today). Lucifer became Satan, the accuser of the brethren. This all happened BEFORE Genesis 1:2.
God created the universe in Genesis 1:1, but a cataclysmic event made the earth void. Jeremiah 4:23-28 plainly teaches that God in His wrath laid the earth to ruin, destroying the cities thereof and blackening the stars. In Genesis 1-2 God remodeled the universe and made it as we know today. This in no way negates nor rejects a literal six-day creation as the Bible teaches. I DON'T believe in theistic evolution, nor in progression creationism.
I believe that God created the universe billions of years ago, before mankind every existed. Nothing evolved. God destroyed the pleasantness of the earth, shaking the mountains and laying the earth waste, turning it into a frozen wasteland of void and darkness. Isaiah 55:11 says that God's Word NEVER, NEVER, NEVER returns unto Him void, failing to accomplish that which He has spoken. God created man upright. God created the angels and Lucifer upright. Sin ruined them. Everything God made in Genesis 1:2-2:25 was not just good, but “very good.” Yet how did the earth become void, without form and dark in Genesis 1:2? Clearly there was a cataclysmic event between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2.
To deny an old earth is to totally reject all these Scriptures and truths. God never calls us to blind faith. We have every reason in the Scriptures to place our faith in God our Savior, Jesus Christ. The Bible never contradicts legitimate science, and legitimate science never contradicts the Bible. A young earth view must be accepted on blind faith, because there is no evidence to support it. So young-earthers pervert the facts, falsely accusing old-earthers of being evolutionists in order to demonize them, and desperately grasp for straws in a futile attempt to prove their heresies. If you take the Bible at face value, you can only conclude an old earth.
In 2008, I heard actor Matt Damon make a comment about potential U.S. Presidential candidate Sarah Palin in 2008, implying that he would never vote for someone who believes that dinosaurs roamed the earth 4,000 years ago. Can you blame him? I have a problem with that claim myself. Albert Einstein said, “Religion without science is blind.” People don't have much patience when preachers teach that dinosaurs roamed the earth 4,500 years ago. Some theologians like Dr. John R. Rice taught that Noah left the dinosaurs behind and they died in the flood. Others, like Henry Morris III, teach that Noah took baby dinosaurs onto the Ark, and they survived the flood. Biblically, in my humble opinion, dinosaurs never lived with man at all.
The flood occurred at approximately 2,345 B.C. and the Bible dates creation in Genesis at 4,004 BC. (Noah: What Are All The Begats About?. God put the begats in the Bible so we could tell time; thus, we know that there were 1,656 years from creation to the flood.) Humanity DID NOT exist prior to around 4,004 BC! Albeit, the earth is very old Biblically. A Young Earth view is superstition. There is an abundance of solid evidence, both Biblically and scientifically which testifies of a very OLD EARTH, but a young human race. It is tragic that so many Christians today are so dumb! Preachers don't study and don't take a stand! Consequently, the thinking world avoids talking to such woefully ignorant believers, which hinders the furtherance of the Gospel. Don't take my word for it, read what Hollywood actor Matt Damon had to say about Young Earthers.
1st Timothy 6:20 warns us about “oppositions to science falsely so called” (such as the lies of Evolution that oppose legitimate science). If we also reject legitimate science in woeful ignorance, then we only discredit ourselves as preachers. It's important that preachers and Christian workers be scientifically correct as well as Biblically correct if they want people to respect their opinions and listen to them. Science has repeatedly evidenced, by using tests on ACTUAL dinosaur bones, that dinosaurs lived tens-of-millions of years ago.On September 10, 2008, a video of actor Matt Damon was released to the press that quickly got posted on YouTube, and has now gotten over two million hits. Here’s what he said:I think there’s a really good chance that Sarah Palin could be president, and I think that’s a really scary thing because I don’t know anything about her. I don’t think in eight weeks I’m gonna know anything about her. I know that she was a mayor of a really, really small town, and she’s governor of Alaska for less than two years. I just don’t understand. I think the pick was made for political purposes, but in terms of governance, it’s a disaster. You do the actuary tables, you know, there’s a one out of three chance, if not more, that McCain doesn’t survive his first term, and it’ll be President Palin. And it really, you know, I was talking about it earlier, it’s like a really bad Disney movie, you know, the hockey mom, you know, “I’m just a hockey mom from Alaska”—and she’s the president. And it’s like she’s facing down Vladimir Putin and, you know, using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink, you know, it’s just absurd. It’s totally absurd, and I don’t understand why more people aren’t talking about how absurd it is. I ... it’s a really terrifying possibility.The fact that we’ve gotten this far and we’re that close to this being a reality is crazy. Crazy. I mean, did she really—I need to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. That’s an important … I want to know that. I really do. Because she’s gonna have the nuclear codes, you know. I wanna know if she thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago or if she banned books or tried to ban books. I mean, you know, we can’t have that. [emphasis added]
SOURCE: Matt Damon vs. Sarah Palin and the Dinosaurs - Christian News, Commentary
Dinosaurs Survived Mass Extinction by 700,000 Years, Fossil Find SuggestsScienceDaily (Jan. 27, 2011) — University of Alberta researchers determined that a fossilized dinosaur bone found in New Mexico confounds the long established paradigm that the age of dinosaurs ended between 65.5 and 66 million years ago.
The U of A team, led by Larry Heaman from the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, determined the femur bone of a hadrosaur as being only 64.8 million years old. That means this particular plant eater was alive about 700,000 years after the mass extinction event many paleontologists believe wiped all non-avian dinosaurs off the face of earth, forever.
Heaman and colleagues used a new direct-dating method called U-Pb (uranium-lead) dating. A laser beam unseats minute particles of the fossil, which then undergo isotopic analysis. This new technique not only allows the age of fossil bone to be determined but potentially can distinguish the type of food a dinosaur eats. Living bone contains very low levels of uranium but during fossilization (typically less than 1000 years after death) bone is enriched in elements like uranium. The uranium atoms in bone decay spontaneously to lead over time and once fossilization is complete the uranium-lead clock starts ticking. The isotopic composition of lead determined in the hadrosaur's femur bone is therefore a measure of its absolute age.
Currently, paleontologists date dinosaur fossils using a technique called relative chronology. Where possible, a fossil's age is estimated relative to the known depositional age of a layer of sediment in which it was found or constrained by the known depositional ages of layers above and below the fossil-bearing horizon. However, obtaining accurate depositional ages for sedimentary rocks is very difficult and as a consequence the depositional age of most fossil horizons is poorly constrained. A potential weakness for the relative chronology approach is that over millions of years geologic and environmental forces may cause erosion of a fossil-bearing horizon and therefore a fossil can drift or migrate from its original layer in the strata. The researchers say their direct-dating method precludes the reworking process.
It's widely believed that a mass extinction of the dinosaurs happened between 65.5 and 66 million years ago. It's commonly believed debris from a giant meteorite impact blocked out the Sun, causing extreme climate conditions and killing vegetation worldwide.
SOURCE: Dinosaurs survived mass extinction by 700,000 years, fossil find suggests
Up until several years ago I had remained neutral in my position of a Young Earth versus an Old Earth view. Since it's not a fundamental Biblical doctrine pertaining to salvation, I didn't take sides in the issue; however, I can no longer remain neutral. Many educated people are steering away from the Gospel on the grounds of ignorant believers who boldly claim falsely that dinosaurs roamed the earth 4,000 years ago. A Young Earth view is an enemy of soul-winning!!! There is no evidence to support a Young Earth. The Bible speaks of an old earth in Psalms 102:25, “Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.”
Basically, proponents of an Old Earth view believe that the earth was created by God—did not evolve—has existed for millions (if not billions) of years—and that the human race is young, having only been in existence for 6,000 years (since 4,000 BC). Dr. Curtis Hutson (1934-1995) and Harry A. Ironside (1876-1951) believed this and so do I. This is often called the 'Gap Principle' (that is, a time gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2). I do not refer to it as the “Gap Theory” as many do, simply because it is NOT a “theory” if you study the Bible. And so we may properly refer to this gap in time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 as the “GAP PRINCIPLE.”
Please read my Biblical rebuttal of Ken Ham's Young Earth heresy in my article titled, The Unscholarly Rubbish Of AnswersInGenesis.org to learn more.
Consider the following important fundamental statement by Pastor Max D. Younce:
Here you see the potential harm again in holding to a Young Earth view. We saw earlier that skeptics like actor Matt Damon won't waste their time listening to a professed Christian who thinks dinosaurs roamed the earth 4,500 years ago. I don't blame him at all. It is absurd to believe. By holding to a Young Earth view we may indeed be responsible for someone not coming to Jesus Christ to get saved. Soul-Winning opportunities are lost if we lose the respect of our listeners.“Should one desire a continued, concentrated study of the years from the flood to the birth of Christ, they would arrive at approximately 2,345 years. Thus, from Adam to Christ is close to the figure of 4,000 years. Add another 2,000 plus from Christ to the present, and you have man on the earth for only 6,000 years. Therefore, the Gap Principle, as documented in Scripture makes evolution an absolute impossibility. The Gap Principle made it possible for me to lead many people to Jesus Christ as their Savior, who had been influenced by the evolutionary philosophy.” [emphasis added]SOURCE: The Truth About Evolution; Or, Don't Let Satan Make A Monkey Out Of You, by Dr. Max D. Younce
The unsaved world laughs at Christians who hold to a Young Earth view, in particular concerning the matter of dinosaurs. It discredits a preacher when he goes against legitimate science, because most people are objective thinkers when it comes to preachers and they know bogus teachings when they hear it. It is simply absurd to claim that dinosaurs roamed the earth 4,500 years ago. The flood of Noah's time is estimated to have happened around 2348 BC). Very few Christians know how to reconcile the reality of dinosaurs and science with the Genesis account of creation in the Bible. Well, now you can KNOW the truth about the matter and explain it to others. The earth is indeed very old, but humanity has only been here since about 4,004 BC. Please continue reading and you will learn.
This matter of an Old Earth (ruin-remodeling) verses a Young Earth is a heated debate. Some advocates of each group have even stooped low to accuse the other group of perverting the Gospel and not being saved at all. These are baseless allegations, not rooted in Biblical principle and truth.
Dr. Kent Hovind has tried to accuse proponents of an Old Earth view of distorting the Gospel message. Mr. Hovind claims that since Adam's sin brought death into the world, then there couldn't have been any death prior to the Garden Of Eden. However, Romans 5:12 plainly states that Adam merely allowed sin to enter the world; but Adam didn't manufacture sin. Sin was already present. Romans 5:12 tells us that Adam's one sin brought sin into the world, and death by sin, for all have sinned.
Romans 5:19, “For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” There is nothing sacrilegious in an Old Earth view. Christ died for the sins of mankind; not Lucifer nor the fallen angels. The reality that there was sin prior to the Garden Of Eden in no way negates Christ's sacrifice for the sins of men. Revelation 20:2 identifies the serpent in the Garden Of Eden as Satan (see also Ezekiel 28:13).
I'd say that 90% of all professed Christian websites adhere to and promote a Young Earth view, which includes the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) by Dr. Henry Morris, Creation Today (CT) by Eric Hovind, and AnswersInGenesis (AIG) by Ken Ham. These den of thieves have exploited the Holy Bible for their own lucrative profit, teaching lies and desperately grasping for straws to justify their heresies to make tons of money. In 2014, God Quest (aka, Creation Today) by Eric Hovind took in $1,234,389 income. Within the ministry, they can spend that money anyway they want as long as it's for the ministry. They can drive ministry cars, eat ministry food, enjoy ministry trips and anything else related to the “ministry.” From what I have seen in my life, non-profit organizations are easily abused for personal gain. I'm not saying that Eric Hovind is doing that, but I have a problem with professed believers exploiting a niche, one issue ministries, that make ridiculous profits. The Young Earth Creation Movement: Deceiving Their Followers For Over 40 Years!
Also, CreationToday.org, which is ran by Eric Hovind (Kent Hovind's son). These two organizations and their websites teach a Young Earth view. Sadly, Eric Hovind has sold-out and been drawn into the Lordship Salvation heretical movement. Their website openly teaches that a person must “endeavor” with God's help to depart from sinful bad habits to be saved. It's a requirement for their way of salvation, but the Bible disagrees with them completely. CreationToday.org doesn't even mention the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (which is the Gospel according to 1st Corinthians 15:1-4).
Ken Ham is another false prophet, the founder of the Answers In Genesis website, who espouses a Young Earth view of creation. In a ridiculous article authored by Paul Taylor and Mark Van Bebber of AnswersInGenesis.org (AIG) titled, “Six Days or Billions of Years... Does it Make Any Difference?,” they reveal their woeful ignorance (or intentional dishonestly) of what old-earthers believe and what the Bible actually teaches. Please read, The Unscholarly Rubbish Of AnswersInGenesis.org for my Biblical rebuttal of their Young Earth heresy.
I've read the alleged scientific reasons for a Young Earth and they are lame at best. CreationToday.org's biggest argument in support of a Young Earth is the short duration of mankind's history (going back 6,000 years to 4,004 BC). They're comparing apples with oranges. The age of an Old Earth has absolutely NOTHING to do with the age of a Young Human Race. There is no debating that mankind DIDN'T exist prior to 4,004 BC. The advancement of humanity's writings, inventions, knowledge and population all attest to the fact that mankind began around 4000 BC.
Many people agree with this blatant observation, but then get confused when they hear scientists talking about dinosaurs that lived millions of years ago. The answer is an Old Earth; Young Man view of the matter. Dr. Max D. Younce expounds the matter diligently in his timeless classic book, THE TRUTH ABOUT EVOLUTION (.PDF file).
America's churches have been infected with a false message of “surrender to Jesus, make a commitment to Christ, amend your sinful ways, forsake the world, give your heart to Jesus, prayer the Jesus' prayer”... and so forth. None of these are the Gospel. You may do all these and a whole lot more, and yet never be saved at all. Ye must be born again (John 3:5-7). Only by receiving Christ's death, burial and resurrection as payment for MY SINS, can I be saved and go to Heaven. Won't you receive Him now as your Savior as John 1:12 says, believing the Gospel so that all your sins will be forgiven, washed away by Jesus' precious blood (1st Peter 1:18-19)?
Matt Damon is but one of tens-of-millions of people who have thinking brains and won't tolerate willful ignorance concerning when the dinosaurs lived. Most Christian scholars have attempted to force-fit dinosaurs into the Old Testament or onto the ark (as does Dr. Walt Brown of CreationScience.com), because that's the best explanation they can come up with. Well, here's the truth for those who want it concerning our wondrous Old Earth.
“As a blind man has no idea of colors, so we have no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things.” —Isaac Newton (1642-1727)“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” —Hebrews 11:3
2nd John 1:10-11, “ If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: F...
2nd John 1:10-11, “ If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: F...
Deuteronomy 4:2, “ Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it , that ye may keep the comman...
Hebrews 13:9, “Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines . For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not...